Nextdoor 2022 Match Day Promotional Contest
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Nextdoor 2022 Match Day Promotional Contest (this “Contest”) is open to: (a) legal residents of Canada (excluding residents of Quebec); (b) who are the age of majority in their respective jurisdictions at the start of the Contest Period (defined herein); (c) Nextdoor members in good standing per the terms of Nextdoor’s Member Agreement (available at https://legal.nextdoor.com/us-member-agreement-2021/); and (d) members of Nextdoor’s Toronto FC Fans Group. This Contest is sponsored by Nextdoor Canada Ltd., located at 18 King Street East, Suite 1400, Toronto, Ontario M5C 1C4 (the “Sponsor” or “Nextdoor”). Employees, officers, directors, agents, representatives of Sponsor, the legal, promotion, and advertising agencies of Sponsor, and their immediate family members, and each person or entity connected with the production or administration of this Contest, and each parent company, affiliate, subsidiary, agent, and representative of Sponsor are ineligible to enter this Contest.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest period begins at 5:30 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (“EDT”) on September 30, 2022, and ends at 9:30 p.m. EDT on September 30, 2022 (the “Contest Period”). ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD. By entering into this Contest, each individual (“Contestant”) agrees to be bound by these official contest rules (these “Official Rules”) and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final on all matters relating to this Contest.
3. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter in this Contest, a Contestant must complete all of the following actions: (a) submit a post to Nextdoor’s Toronto FC Fans Group during the Contest Period; and (b) send Nextdoor a private message with the correct answer to the following skills-test question: (3 × 9) + (20 × 9) = ANSWER (together, an “Entry”). All Entries must be received during the Contest Period to be deemed Qualified Entries. No other methods of entry will be accepted, including entry by email. All Entries received by the end of the Contest Period that are complete and otherwise qualified will be eligible to win (“Qualified Entries”). Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any Contestant at any time and for any reason, including without limitation, Contestants tampering with the entry process or operation of this Contest, or violating these Official Rules. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor is not responsible for incomplete, late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, void, corrupted, garbled, illegible, or unintelligible Entries and such Entries are void and will not be accepted; nor is Sponsor responsible for any problems, bugs, or malfunctions Contestants may encounter when seeking to submit their Entries.
4. ENTRY GUIDELINES: Contestants must and do hereby grant Sponsor permission to use royalty-free the Entry worldwide in all media in perpetuity. Entries shall not: (a) depict any nudity, animal cruelty, harmful or illegal activity or substance, or offensive or obscene subject matter as determined by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion; (b) portray Nextdoor in a negative light; or (c) contain any third-party content that is owned by a third party, without that party’s express permission. Additionally, Contestants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize an Entry from any source. Contestants agree to indemnify Sponsor against any and all claims of infringement from any third party for any use by Sponsor of an Entry. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion for any reason to exclude any Entry.
6. PRIZES: A total of five (5) Contestants (“Winners”) will win one of the following prizes: two (2) signed Toronto FC jerseys (each with an approximate retail value (“APR”) of Five Hundred CDN ($500.00) or one (1) of three (3) swag prizes (each with an APR of Sixty CDN ($60.00); Total APR of all Contest prizes is One Thousand One Hundred and Eighty CDN ($1,180.00). Winners will be notified via the Toronto FC Fans Group and private message on Nextdoor during halftime of the September 30, 2022 Toronto FC and Inter Miami FC match (the “Match”). Winners must pick up their prizes from the Nextdoor booth at the north end of the Toronto FC stadium / BMO Field before the end of the Match. Failure to timely pick up the prize will result in prize forfeiture. Any tariffs and fees are the responsibility of the Winners. All expenses not specifically stated as being included are excluded and are the responsibility of the Winners. No assignment, transfer or substitution of prize is permitted, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of comparable or greater value should a prize become impracticable to award or unavailable for any reason.
7. CONDITIONS: This Contest is subject to these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, by participating, Contestants agree: (a) to be bound by these complete Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding; and (b) to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Contest or these Official Rules, except where prohibited by law. By accepting a prize, Winners agree to release Sponsor, including its parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities together with the respective directors, employees, officers, licensees, licensors and agents, and respective advertising and promotion entities and any person or entity associated with the production, judging, or administration of the Contest (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability, loss or damage arising from or in connection with awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activities. Releasees shall not be liable for: (i) phone system, phone or computer hardware, software or other technical or computer malfunctions, lost connections, disconnections, delays or transmission errors; (ii) data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry or other materials; (iii) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, including death caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of a prize, or from participation in this Contest; (iv) any printing, typographical, administrative, or technological errors in any materials associated with the Contest; and (v) any issues that would cause problems with the fair running or administration of the Contest due to the pandemic. Sponsor disclaims any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participating in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with this Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest, in its sole discretion, or due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including pandemic and other natural disasters. Entries will not be returned and may be destroyed. The applicable internal laws of Canada, which will govern disputes regarding these Official Rules and/or this Contest. All cases and claims pertaining to this Contest must be brought in a court of competent jurisdiction. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, or suspend the Contest should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control, corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Contest. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest in any way by cheating, hacking, deception, or any other unfair playing practices of intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other players or Sponsor representatives. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited. Any attempts to access the site, enter the Contest or increase votes or views via a bot script, device or brute-force attack will result in disqualification, including that IP address becoming ineligible for the entire Contest. Caution: any attempt to deliberately damage or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be in violation of criminal and civil laws and will result in disqualification from participation in the Contest. Should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages (including attorney fees) to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution.
8. PUBLICITY: By participating, and except where prohibited, Contestants agree that Sponsor, its shareholders, agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisors are not responsible or liable for, and shall be released and held harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in this Contest, or acceptance of the prize, including without limitation, claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. Sponsor reserves the right to use Entries for publicity purposes before, during, or after the Contest end date, in any media, and to use the name, likeness, hometown name, of any Contestant, including all or part of their design throughout the world, in perpetuity, without any compensation or prior review unless specifically prohibited by law. Contestants will not be paid for their Entries or for granting Sponsor any of these rights. Should any Winner be unwilling or otherwise unable to provide permissions and or releases or otherwise cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason, the Eligible Contestant with the next Qualified Entry will be chosen from the remaining entries.
9. LICENSE: As a condition of entering this Contest, and except where prohibited, Contestants hereby provide a one hundred eighty (180)-day exclusive irrevocable worldwide license to Sponsor after which time, Sponsor shall retain a perpetual non-exclusive license to use the Entries in any and all media throughout the world, in perpetuity, for any purpose whatsoever, without any additional compensation. Nominees do not waive their moral rights to the Entry.
11. OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND WINNERS LIST: For a copy of these Official Contest Rules and/or a list of the Winners, access the website at https://blog-en.ca.nextdoor.com/ for one hundred twenty (120) days after this Contest ends.
© 2022 Nextdoor. All rights reserved. Any third-party trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective trademark owners. The use or mention of such third-party trademarks in these Official Rules or in this Contest is solely for descriptive purposes and shall in no way imply an endorsement or sponsorship of this Contest.